Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: KDE or Gnome?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: KDE or Gnome?
From: gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:13:17 -0500

On Tue 28 Aug 2001 11:11 pm, you wrote:

> other? I was just looking at GnuCash (wife put me in charge of finances)
> and it seems to be a wild smorgasbord of stuff using Guile (Schemers), XML,
> Perl, Python, HTML, Gtk for hacking and scripting it.

yeah, who could imagine a GNOME/Gtk app could have almost the same number of
dependancies as GNOME itself! : ^ )

however, it's a great app!  takes a little getting used to if you're coming
from a MSMoney or CBB (another great, but old, Check Book Balancer)...
however, once I mastered the differences, I don't think i could go back to
either...  it's really powerful, and all i use it for is balancing my
checkbook! : ^ )

unfortunately, i was never able to get it working properly in slackware (i
compiled all GNOME-related things from source, rather than using packages),
but thx to the ports collection, i was able to get it up and running in a
matter of quite a few hours (thx to my P.O.S. 200... i mean Pentium 200 : ^ )

gLaNDix