Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] KDE or Gnome?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] KDE or Gnome?
From: Lawrence Bottorff <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:11:53 -0500

I'm thinking of spending some time learning a leading GUI environment, and
I've got it narrowed down to KDE or Gnome. (Enlightenment seems cool, but too
narrow.) Does anyone have any reasons why I should choose one over the other?
I was just looking at GnuCash (wife put me in charge of finances) and it
seems to be a wild smorgasbord of stuff using Guile (Schemers), XML, Perl,
Python, HTML, Gtk for hacking and scripting it. This one app is so intriguing
that I'm leaning towards Gnome now. KDE, OTOH, seems to be Qt only and maybe
farther along in general. Any thoughts y'all'd like to share?

Lb