Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: F**MYA**YOUP***Y

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: F**MYA**YOUP***Y
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:20:09 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: discussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:discussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxx]On
> Behalf Of gLaNDix
>
> Wonder if it's Open Source...  : ^ )

Probably not! :-)

In all seriousness, I'm starting to wonder if we should make these closed lists,
where you must be subscribed to post. I'd like to hear what all of you think
about making the lists closed - is the benefit of not having this kind of spam
worth the trouble of being able to post only from an address you are subscribed
with.  There's also the option of moderation, but that requires someone to read
and approve every message.  I know that some of the old BBS's did that and it
worked reasonably well.

Your thoughts?

--dwh

---