Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Help Please

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx, robertzca@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Help Please
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:12:38 -0500

Robert Park wrote:

>  Hello,
>        I have no idea but i emailed some who goes by
> Maverick and aclug was in the address, I lost his
> address and i searched at google For Help with an
> epson stlus collor 400 printer....(I found his address
> that way but i found that my info which i included in
> the message to HIM not EVERYBODY is posted. Check
> google until you find mine (NAME IS ROBERT PARK IT
> SAYS IT IN DESCRIPTION) It says something about aclug
> conversation..........What is it? And i didn't know it
> would be post up So if i did i wouldn't say stuff
> about me. If it is in your power Please i mean PLEASE
> try to take it down.       Thank you for your time,
> E-mailme back.

It looks like discussion@xxxxxxxxx is being archived under

  http://arch.freeciv.org/

This looks like John Goerzen's web site, so he can address
the feasibility of purging the archive, but MHO is that
this archive is a good thing, and should not be tampered
with.

In general, you should expect that anything you send to
a public mailing list is in fact public, and edit yourself
accordingly. Also, when responding to email, pay some
attention to who else you pick up when you "Reply All" --
if you don't know who you're writing to, you should
consider dropping them from the cc list.

Following you suggestion, I searched Google for "robert
park", and your posting did not appear to be in the first
screenful of the 1,500,000 matches. I really doubt that
many people will search through this mass to discover
your personal information, or even much care.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.ocston.org/~thull/