Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Sprint Broadband Direct

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sprint Broadband Direct
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:10:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Ryan Claycamp wrote:

> Maybe can give it a try.  I went back through Google and all the complaints
> seemed to be out of the Phoenix area.  Do you know why Business prices are
> so much higher than Residential?  Can a business get a residential account?

not really sure...  the main reason is probably because a residential acct
has 1 IP ($5 / addtl) whereas the business acct has 5 IPs ($5 / addtl)...
that's really the main difference...  that and the fact that they think
they can charge more to businesses than home users just because...  who
knows...  it's sprint! : ^ )

IIRC, there were a few installs I had that the business signed up for a
resi. acct...  should be fine, just don't mention the company name! : ^ )

gLaNDix

<<< Linux lloydix.2y.net 2.4.3 #6 Tue Apr 17 19:50:56 CDT 2001 i586 unknown >>>

 Abe: Grampa's the name.  Did you know this tree dates back to frontier
      times?
Kids: Wow!  Frontier times. etc.
 Abe: Shut up!
                -- Maybe intimate, but not interactive, "Lemon of Troy"