Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2000:
[aclug-L] Dual swap partitions

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Dual swap partitions
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 16:43:28 -0600

When I originally formatted my 13GB hard drive, I made two 128MB partitions
to be used for swap. During installation, I could only specify one
partition for swap, so that's all I've used. Right now, I'm a little low on
RAM for what I'm working on, and I'd like to use both partitions for swap
if it is possible.

1) How do I go about getting Linux to recognize and use both partitions for
swap?

2) Are there any performance differences for using two swap partitions as
opposed to using only one?

Thanks,
John