Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Dual swap partitions

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Dual swap partitions
From: David Duffey <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:09:36 -0600

add another entry in your /etc/fstab, make sure you initialize it first

# mkswap /dev/hdaWHATEVER
# vi /etc/fstab  # duplicate the swap line
# swapon -a

there should be no performance loss if they have different priorities, the
default behavior (one will be used before the other)

if you manually set their priorities (with option pri=#) to be the same
value then it will try to use them both at the same time.  Since in your case
they are on the same disk you would see very horrible performance.

-Duffey

David Duffey <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  1605 Hillcrest Dr Apt X30