Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Secure Transaction!!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Secure Transaction!!
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:35:54 -0500 (CDT)

Sorry I didn't reply to this question earlier, but I was curious what
others would suggest.

Ok e-commerce....

I was thinking about creating the same thing a couple months ago, and
realized there must be an easy way to do that without starting from
scratch. I know I could do it, but there's no need to reinvent the wheel.
I found a GPLed project at opensales.org, and support is provided at
opensales.com if you need it. It sounds like they are competitive with a
lot of the expensive, proprietary software packages, and have an
impressive list of people running it.

As for the credit card processing, it depends on how much business you
expect. Verisign is actually a rather affordable solution - $20/mo flat
rate (after their setup fee and setting things up with your bank) for
under 1000 transactions. It's called Payflow Link, and you just provide a
link so the appropiate info is entered at their site, and they link back
to your site when the transaction is done. You control how much info is
sent to their site and how much they return back to you. You even control
what the page looks like at Verisign's site, so customers don't think they
clicked on the wrong link. They have other options for more transactions
per month, and where you do all the programming yourself so customers
don't leave your site.

http://www.verisign.com/payment/products.html

I hope that helps!

John