Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2000:
[aclug-L] kernal stuff

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] kernal stuff
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:37:32 -0500

3 questions
Has anyone tried out the 2.4test{1,2} kernals yet?

Has anyone ever had a computer where a partition would not umount even with
shutdown -r now (reboot) or any other command? I have to end up turning my
computer off and sitting through a 5Gig e2fsck. Not that I turn it off often,
but it is still annoying. It is /usr by the way.
from /etc/fstab
/dev/hdd6       /usr    ext2    defaults        0 2
the message is device is busy, and fuser -v /usr returns only that the kernal
is using it. the kernal is the standard RH6.2 kernal.

Has anyone else had problems when they compile their own kernal in RH6.2 ?

James L