Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: New Linux User

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: New Linux User
From: Keith Fellers <kfellers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

Quoting Zeke A Lightwave <support.tech@xxxxxxxx>:

> As the subject says, I want to become a new linux user, and I am trying
> to figure out which one is right for me.  It doesn't have to do that
> much, I'll probably just use it to surf the web.  Maybe even hook it up
> to a network.
>       What is best for me?

I myself have tried earlier versions of redhat and caldera.....not bad but to me
with no linux background still found them
difficult. What I finally decided to stick with is Corel Linux. It is the
easiest one on the market to install. Many hardcore
Linux users don't like it because 1) some areas it looks similar to windows 2)
they think it is too simple. But you have so
many things to learn about linux I wanted something simple that I could get up
and running and then start learning the
more complicated stuff. Believe me there is plenty of that. For the present I
would reccommend the Corel, but there are
many good systems out there.
Keith