Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Sychronizing data across the Internet

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sychronizing data across the Internet
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:41:20 -0500

I looked at the man pages for rsync, and it looks like what I need. It even
allows use of ssh. However, it needs to be installed on both the local and
remote machines. Rather than install it as a user on the remote machine, I
looked around a little more. There is a similar command called rdist which
already existed on both machines, but I wasn't sure if it was quite the
right thing. I also looked at mirror (below) and that's what I ended up
using. It wasn't the easiest thing to figure out, but it works. Thanks for
the suggestions.

Now, I need to figure out why I can't get cron jobs to run...

John