Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Using SQL in a C program

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Using SQL in a C program
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:50:24 -0500

I'm taking a database class, and we have a programming project which
requires use of Oracle SQL. In order to use it within a C program, we need
to run a precompiler called Pro C. It inserts all the appropriate calls to
the SQL server into my code before compiling the complete program.

I plan to do most of the work and testing of my program on my Linux box at
home. Due to financial reasons, I will have to use MySQL instead of Oracle.
;-)  Does anyone know about using a precompiler for C programs that would
work for MySQL? I'd like to be able to upload the code from my computer to
the university system, and have it work with as few changes as possible.

Does anyone have experience using the same program on different SQL databases?

Thanks for any help,
John