Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Using SQL in a C program

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Using SQL in a C program
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:12:33 -0500

So, if I write a program in C that uses SQL, should I be able to use the
same code for Oracle via Pro C, and via another DBMS (MySQL or Postgres)
using its own precompiler? As long as I can work on my project at home and
don't have to make major changes to my code for Oracle, I don't mind using
multiple precompilers.

BTW, I've got cable modem access, but only 96MB. I probably don't have the
time or nerves for an Oracle install.

John