Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Sychronizing data across the Internet

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: greg.house@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sychronizing data across the Internet
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:59:47 -0500

There's also a tool called "mirror" which I think will do what he wants.
http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/mirror/

From skimming the man page, it wasn't clear to me whether rsync is one
directional, or bi directional. Can it actually sync two directories which have
had changes to different files?

Greg

On Sun,
16 Apr 2000, you wrote: > I think rsync is the tool-of-choice for this. It's
probably in your distro, > otherwise it's easy to look up in linuxapps.com or
freshmeat.net, etc. >