Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: CS Degrees (Was: Re: Cool new fan site....hehe)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CS Degrees (Was: Re: Cool new fan site....hehe)
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:25:35 -0500

I worked with one of these at my first engineering job.
here was a guy who could not think his way out of a card
board box and he was graduting.
the flip side was that he could not keep a job.  he was
released by mutual agreement.

> WSU CS has a large number of what I call "system
> beaters", i.e., people who have learned the tricks of the education
> trade and have evolved, survival of the fittest style, into great exam
> takers and homework sharers.
> To sum up, the system beaters will take their degrees, fan out, and beat
> once again the HR hiring system. And maybe they'll be contributors. But
> I'm still of the opinion that real IT people are a bit less
> conventional--a bit like Neo crashed in front of his gear at the start
> of The Matrix. IT is still the best place to be, no matter how you get
> there.
>
> Lars Von dem Ast

phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos
and danced the skies on LINUX silvered wings.
http://www.cottagesoft.com/~phrostie/cad-tastrafy