Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Cool new fan site....hehe

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cool new fan site....hehe
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jlhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:47:15 -0500 (CDT)

As someone who has been trying, in vain, to finish a BS CS since 1981, I
can tell you for certain that companies refuse to even consider the resume
of someone for a programming position when the person has no degree.  I
have experience programming large projects in FORTRAN, Pascal, and VB.
I'm currently working on experience in C.  I have all the schooling I need
for the degree with the exception of a couple of electives and a few GenEd
courses.  I can testify that it's a lost cause to try to convince the
companies that I'm worth a try.  Please don't try to tell me that it
doesn't matter.  I'll likely be stuck in this position for the duration as
a result of not finishing.

Sorry about the divergence from the theme.  This seems to be the thread
for it.

jeff