Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: LInux sucks

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: LInux sucks
From: "Brinkley Harrell" <johnbharrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 07:07:54 -0500

I think I really don't understand how your disk was partitioned. Are you
using WD's EZ Drive under MSDOS to access the disk? Do you have a main and
an extended partition with the D, E, and F drives as well as the Linux ext2
partitions in it? Are you running ext2 partitions or do you use parts of the
Windows drive space to run Linux?

Can you boot to single user -- at the lilo prompt, type in "linux single".
If so, can you provide a listing of the following command:

        fdisk -l /dev/hda > partitions.txt

while you are in there, why not include the dmesg output from the boot:

        dmesg > startup.txt