Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Perl Question!!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Perl Question!!
From: Mohammad Islam <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:04:28 -0600

Hello,

I want to write/append  to a file in my directory through a cgi/perl
script. The data will come from a form, submitted via a post and then
the script will append the data at the end of the file. Now i can open
the the file for reading, but i am having problem appending to it.

The file is owned by me (say user chalupa in /home/chalupa/test.txt) the
permission looks like this:

rw-r-r  chalupa   chalupa  test.txt

(What do i need to change here?)

How can write to this file from my cgi-script without compromising
security?

I am new to cgi, so any help/pointer would be greatly appreciated.

I am running apache on a Linux 6.0 box. Apache is running as user
"nobody." I am using CGI.pm library.

Thanks.

Mohammed.