Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Color Postscript printer

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Color Postscript printer
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:18:28 -0600 (CST)

        For anyone who is interested:

        A while back I heard about a color inkjet Postscript printer that
works under LINUX, so I thought I would share this with the group.
www.buy.com has them on clearance for $ 98.95. I don't have one myself, so
I cannot speak from personal experience, but another ACLUG member told me
that it does work under LINUX.  The printer is the Lexmark Optra Color 40.
The URL is :

        www.buy.com/clearance/product.asp?sku=70000013

Another URL is :

        http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/

        He mentions this printer is also at Egghead.com for $79.

                                Tom Wallis

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx    wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx