Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] linux kernel hackers

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] linux kernel hackers
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:47:00 -0600

This is purely speculative at this point, but I am working on a
project that is very short-staffed, and I am wondering whether it
would be feasible to propose that I hire some staff locally to
help work on this project. I can't go into details of what the
project entails, but the minimal skills required will be:

 1) very strong proficiency in C; Intel assembler a plus
 2) ability to configure, build, install and troubleshoot Linux
    kernel sources; kernel hacking experience a strong plus
 3) shell programming, plus at least one of: perl, python, expect,
    ftwalk
 4) strong understanding of Linux API and FHS
 5) some web skills (zope?; javascript/dhtml/xml not required)

Company is California-based. I imagine this as work-at=home, but
it could involve some travel, and could eventually lead to offer
to relocate. Probably contractor status to start. Please reply
directly to me. Thanks.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull@xxxxxxxxxxx