Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Internet connection speed

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Internet connection speed
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:41:18 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Dale W Hodge wrote:

> > > Does anyone know which command will tell me the speed of my Internet
> > > connection via dialup/LAN i.e. bytes sent/received.
> >
> > /usr/sbin/pppstats

> That only gives the number of packets.

Beg to differ -- I clearly remember them showing up; the manpage
describes them thusly:

       The following fields are printed on the input side when the
       -z option is not used:
       IN     The total number of bytes received by this interface.
       PACK   The total number of packets received by this interface.
       UBYTE  The total number of bytes received, after decompression
              of compressed packets.  Only reported when
              the -r option is specified.

       The following fields are printed on the output side:
       OUT    The total number of bytes transmitted from this interface.
       PACK   The total number of packets transmitted from this interface.
       UBYTE  The total number of bytes to be transmitted, before packet
              compression is applied.  Only  reported when the -r option
              is specified.

-jeff
--
What do you think about these so-called anti-homelessness laws?  "I don't think
them as anti-homelessness laws. I think of them as pro-homeowner laws." Thomas