Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] ATX Power Fan

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] ATX Power Fan
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:31:44 -0600

A few quick hardware questions...

In your average ATX power supply is the fan DC or AC?

On your average ATX motherboard there are fan connectors on the
motherboard.....???
What voltage is this connector and is the center pin ground and the two
outside pins for direction.....???

Both of the MoBo manules that I have for ATX based systems just say 'FAN
CONNECTOR' yet I can not seem to find any add-on case fans for a ATX case..
most of the case fans that I can find are 'HARDDRIVE' style connectors.

--David