Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] telnet to mailserver.com.au 110, I get a message: Connection c

To: "'aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] telnet to mailserver.com.au 110, I get a message: Connection closed by foreign host
From: Andy Wong <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:41:13 +1100

HI there,

I not sure you can help me...

I having problem trying to solve a problem I have.
My Client PC can't connect to the Mail server.
So I try the following

telnet to mailserver.com.au 110, I get a message: Connection closed by foreign
host

I already check the following setting in services, Inetd.conf, hosts.deny and
hosts.allow.
All seem to be ok...

Also try netstat to see what services is running, POP-3 is running..
& running pine on the mail machine can receive mail.

I am running out of things to try... It appear that another machine can't
access the mail server.
Is there another file that controls the security of mail access?

Thank you in Advance.

Regards,
Andy Wong
Australia