Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] mail apps for linux

To: aclug <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] mail apps for linux
From: glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:18:04 -0600 (CST)

does anyone on this list use Postilion for e-mail?  i'm messing around
with it now, and it's a bit overwhelming...  until now, i've just been
storing all my e-mail in /var/spool/mail/<username>...  is this still a
good idea, or would it be wise to setup procmail to sort my incoming
email to something like ~/mail/*, where * is a different mail folder
for each usergroup, important person, relative, etc...  i'm working on
doing it now and i'm interested in how it will turn out...  are there
other apps that support reading stuff like this (it works in pine, but
i always have to browse to each diff folder to make sure i've read
everything...

any input is appreciated...
jesse

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/