Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Compaq NIC question?

To: ACLUG <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Compaq NIC question?
From: Sanjay Dhar <sxdhar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:58:30 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I finally upgraded my kernel from 2.0.35 to 2.2.13 over the weekend. Right
now my NIC is detected fine by Linux. However, the kernel is tring to
assign IRQ 0 to the PCI NIC (which actually is the system timer). How do I
get it to assign another IRQ, say 10 or 11 which is free on my system.
BTW, I dual boot using loadlin and not LILO, so I don't know how I can
pass any arguments to the kernel in this case to specify a different IRQ
for my NIC. The way I have it set up is that I compiled the driver into
the kernel and not as a module.

Suggestions are welcome. TIA.

--
Sanjay