Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] getting kppp to inherit already configured ppp

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] getting kppp to inherit already configured ppp
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:12:23 -0600

I want to use kppp so my wife can easily connect/disconnect by
point and click.  Kppp is there and running, but is not configured.
I have already set up pppd, manually, using John Goerzen's
instructions for Southwind.  It works, using pppd and kill commands
in root.

Kppp wants me to type everything in all over again, into its
dialogs.  I don't really want to risk damaging my setup.  Also,
there's a fair amount to stuff there.

Is there a way to get kppp to read the configuration files I
already have and use them?