Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: modem question...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: modem question...
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:08:50 -0600 (CST)

Going through old mail, I found that:
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, gLaNDix wrote:

> yeah, that is kinda what i assumed was wrong, but where do i go to
> check what my default gateway is?  on startup, ppp says "not
> replacing default route: 198.248.166.254" (my old gateway from
> when i was on tabor's LAN... how / where do i tell it to use a
> different one?

Did you ever resolve this?
You can check your routing with "netstat -rn" -- "r" for routing,
"n" for "don't bother resolving the numbers to names".
Under "Destination" there should be a "default" after you dial
up to point to the ppp0 interface with a "G" under "Flags".
(Unless of course, you want your default route to go somewhere else,
like your local lan or an ethernet somewhere else).

-jeff
--
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with
themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.