Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Problem setting up Apache webserver

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Problem setting up Apache webserver
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 05:59:37 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Patrick R. Klee wrote:

>     I have Red Hat 6.1 and I am almost positive I have Apache
> webserver, but I can't find it in my menu, so how do I start it up
> at the console?

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

If you want it to start automatically when you 'boot your computer,
use 'chkconfig' or make a symlink to the appropriate rc.d directory.
For example, if you boot into runlevel 3
        ('grep initdefault /etc/inittab')
then do: 'ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S85httpd'

chkconfig will do this for you, but I don't use it, so check the
manpage.

-jeff
--
Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of
people each year who are trying to find it. http://www.despair.com