Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: default screen for x configuration? (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: default screen for x configuration? (fwd)
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:26:00 -0600

What I did was when I installed it, I clicked each available options on the
card modes: all the way from 320 by 480 up to the limit of my card.  I can
now use CTRL+ALT+"+"  & CTRL+ALT+"-"  to increase or decrease resolution.
I like to use the highest resolution when I am doing technical stuff and I
am sitting close to the monitor and have lots of stuff going on at once and
have several different windows open.  When I am doing e-mail, I drop to the
bottom and lean back with the key board in my lap.  I use the track ball to
scroll around the screen.  As with the lower resolution, the same screen is
still in memory, but it is zoomed in, and you can just scoot around to what
is visible.

Mike