Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Program needs libm.so.5

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Program needs libm.so.5
From: "kai & steven Hallacy" <enginear@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:35:26 -0600

Boy I'm beat.

I appreciate everyones help.   I think there were six libraries that my program
could not open.
Some were in the /usr/X11R6/lib directory.  I copy them to the /usr/lib
directory.  However, one could not be found (libc.so.5), so
I used the next best thing libc.so.6.

The program finally gave me a segmentation fault.

Has anyone out there had this problem? Is this a Debian problem?  Should I
consider changing to a different linux installation?
This program runs at school on redhat linux.