Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: cfdisk HELP!!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: cfdisk HELP!!!
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:01:13 -0600 (CST)

actually, i didn't lose a thing..  after trying and testing on my
to-be-formatted windoze drive, i performed the deed on my linux drive...
all went well...  no problems, and i'm using linux right now...  the
reason i really wanted it changed (it showed up in any fdisk prog) was
because it showed up in windoze as an unformatted windoze drive, and every
time i emptied the recycle bin, it asked if i wanted to format it...

so, in conclusion, you CAN change the type of the partition (ie: Linux ->
Win95 FAT32 (LBA) and vice versa) w/o losing anything...  it shows up as a
linux drive, and as soon as i reboot to get my Money98 info, it should not
show up in windoze any more...

jesse

          <<< Jesse Kaufman (kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) >>>