Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: gateway boxes

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: gateway boxes
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:53:39 -0600

I'll echo that. I have a Gateway at work that appears to be a std ATX case.
It's one of those that you can flip up to make a tower or lay on it's side
as a desktop. The CDROM/floppy & stuff are in a little module which can be
removed & rotated depending on how you want it.

I built a couple of system using surplus motherboards that had been Gateway
boards (OEMed from Intel), and they had the PS/2 mouse & keyboard connectors
in non-standard fashion (ie, they were AT boards, but didn't have an AT
style keyboard connector). I had to hack up one case to have access to them,
and use a weird old case they were throwing out at work for the other one
(it had a highly non-standard setup in it anyhow...)

So, it may or may not be very standard. My impression is that the newer
Gateway machines are more standard then the older ones, but I could be way
off base.

Greg