Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Gnome Core Dump

Subject: [aclug-L] Gnome Core Dump
From: Nathan & Jenny <njcozzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:13:58 -0500

Hello,

Another question....

I've been struggling with my Linux.  Many things have been going wrong.  In
my search for answers, I found a post on Gnome's troubleshooting site.  It
said something about a yellow face icon appearing on the desktop,
indicating a core dump.  I'd be willing to bet it's close to the source of
my problems.  What does the core dump mean?  I tried to open it up with
GEdit, but it's unreadable.  How do I fix it?

Nate Cozzens
Learning Linux for relief.