Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Which Color Printer?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Which Color Printer?
From: "James G." <jamesga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 19:42:13 -0500

Nathan & Jenny wrote:

> Another question from a Linux novice.
>
> I need to get a color printer.  I'd like it to be capable of photographic
> quality printing.  I like Hewlett Packard because it seems to be so
> compatible with everything in MicroSoft land.  I've already seen the
> Hardware Compatibility websites for Linux.  That seems to point to the HP
> 600 series first.  What about the HP 700 series?
>
> What color printers are liked best by the more experienced Linux users?
>
> Learning Linux for relief.

HP's web site says "HP Professional Line" should work with linux. I noticed
a brand new HP Ink Jet (970 I Think) that should work.... Sams has it for
$350.
I say should because it's a "Professional" and the box says it works with
ALL (I think) operating systems. Check Usenet under Linux Hardware for
comments. This is NO guaranty it will work.

James