Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Exim MTA config w/ISP? (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Exim MTA config w/ISP? (fwd)
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:24:34 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:03:13 -0500
From: Nate Bargmann <nate@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Exim MTA config w/ISP?

Hi Everyone.

I've been playing with Debian 2.1 on a laptop lately and the one thing
I lack is getting email to work.  Has anyone gotten Exim to properly
route all outgoing mail to the ISP and deliver (with fetchmail I
presume) incoming mail to /var/spool/mail/user?  So far no one has
written a fast start and I'm getting a bit lost in the included docs
and those on the web site (written for a later version).  Has
anyone managed to get this going and would be willing to share a
micro-HOWTO on the steps required?

Thanks in advance...

- Nate >>

--