Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Setting up Sendmail.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Setting up Sendmail.
From: Kong Wo <tkwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 14:49:58 -0500

Hi,
   I try to setup a mail server using Red Hat 6.0 at Kreonite Inc - the
company I am working at.
  Currently, we are using a mail server package called "MDaemon" which
is running under Window NT 4.0, and we are using SouthWind as our smart
relay host. In addition, we are using ISDN line connected to SouthWind
all the time.
  I heard the sendmail package came with Red Hat 6.0 is ready to run if
I do a minor configurations on it.
  I made some changes on these two files -- /etc/sendmail.cw and
/etc/sendmail.cf.

On /etc/sendmail.cw
  # I put all the aliases here. Domain : kreonite.com
  tkwo.kreonite.com   # tkwo is my machine name
     .
     .

On /etc/sendmail.cf
     .
     .
# My official domain name
Dj$w.kreonite.com
    .
    .
# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSsmtp.southwind.net
    .
    .
# anything else is bogus (on lines 1032)
###R$*                       $#error $@ 5.7.1 $: "550 relay denied"
   .
   .

  I would like to know if an extra script file is necessary in order to
make it work. What I noticed on MDaemon is that it will establish a link
to SouthWind first by logging on to Kreonite's SouthWind account. Then,
MDaemon will do the mails send and receive.
  I appreciate any helps. Thanks.

With best regards,
Kong