Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: WSU parking

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: WSU parking
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:59:47 -0500

At 06:36 PM 09/29/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>after the 2nd aclug meeting i attended, (i've been to the last 3
>and have not received a ticket yet) i spoke to a wsu sergeant
>of the well-armed wsu police about parking.
>he also suggested going to the other side of campus ( from
>rm260 to the well-armed wsu police fortress back to rm260
>i've dubbed the complete campus tour ) to attain a 'visitors'
>tag.
>i asked for approximate additional drive time and he said
>give yourself an extra 20 or 30 minutes and you should be ok,
>and if you're too rushed to pick up the tag and do get ticketed,
>simply sign the ticket 'visitor' and return it to the well-armed
>wsu police dept.
>i guess after you've returned so many visitor tickets in so
>many days, weeks, maybe months, the well-armed wsu
>police department knows you're a visitor and stops ticketing
>your ride or makes some other heinous request like -- you're
>payin' for this one, bud. that's $15.
>or is it $25 now?
>whatever it is . . .
>too much is too much.
>it'd be a nice if we could all join together and find a solution
>that allows us to comply.

At one meeting we could go in mass to the cop shop for permits.
Then assemble in front of Jabara, and after making sure all of
the local TV news departments are there, burning the visitor
permits while chanting something along the lines of, "we don't
need no stinkin' permits." Then when intervied, we could claim
to be the MS users group. Heehee. Just kidding:-)

Wayne

"Great Spirits have always encounterd violent
opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein