Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] How to suppress print burst header

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] How to suppress print burst header
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:57:39 -0500

How do I suppress the separator page when printing?
My /etc/printcap does have the documented :sh: entry,
but it isn't working.

The printer talks tcp/ip directly.  NT servers are
also sending stuff to this printer.
I am running RH 5.2.  Here is /etc/printcap:

# /etc/printcap
#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE ljet4 600x600 letter {} LaserJet4 Default 1
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\