Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Obtaining NetMaze...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Obtaining NetMaze...
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 07:57:51 -0500

Ooo, interesting timing.

Within about 24 hours, you should be able to find a current version
with Cool Patches And Mazes, in Debian's potato (unstable)
distribution.  If you are not running Debian or not running potato,
you can do this.

1) For Debian users:

   get: ftp://ftp.debian.org/dists/unstable/main/sources/games/netmaze*
   run: dpkg-source -x netmaze*.dsc
   run: cd netmaze*2
   run: dpkg-buildpackage -B -us -uc
   run: dpkg -i ../netmaze*.deb

2) For non-Debian users:
   get: ftp://ftp.debian.org/dists/unstable/main/sources/games/netmaze*
   unpack the orig.tar.gz file
   cd into the directory
   run mkdir debian
   run zcat ../*.diff.gz | patch -p1
   run xmkmf
   run make
   you may need to touch up the paths in xnetserv and possibly
      xnetserv.tcl
   run chmod a+x xnetserv xnetserv.tcl
   run uudecode *.gif
   then copy netmaze, netserv, dummy, follower, betterbot, xnetserv,
     *.tcl, *.gif, etc. to some directory -- or just run things in-place
     from your build directory.

Note that many features and mazes in this program have been designed
by local Linux users and WSU students!