Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Cable Modems

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cable Modems
From: "Bob Bonfield" <augur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:40:48 -0500

Actually, the process for setting up Linux with a cable modem is extremely
easy.  I have a KsCable cable modem right now and have had no problems
getting linux to work with it.  All you need to do is set an Ethernet card
to DHCP the settings for your computer and you're all set.  If you want to
do management of your account, IE add/remove users or change passwords you
will need the rrlogin program others have mentioned, but it is not a needed
for all other fuctions.  Give KsCable a try, I have not seen any serious
problems thus far.

----
Bob Bonifield
Email:  augur@xxxxxxxxxxx