Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: script kitty

To: craigter@xxxxxxxxx, aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: script kitty
From: Larry_Bottorff@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:20:55 -0500

I don't know if this is related (I don't fully understand this e-mail), but if
we're talking about how to become a modern computer person, check out the Chaos
Computer Club's "How-to on becoming a hacker" at this link:
http://koeln.ccc.de/texte/hacker-werden.html. It's supposed to be definitive,
but it's in German (other stuff on their site/links pops up in English). They
also have slang pages, which contains "script kiddy." I don't know everything
about CCC, but they're definitely anti-corporate computer anarchists who have
been dancing on either side of the law for quite a few years. Their hacker
how-to seems to lean towards the view that breaking into systems is the result
of a supreme understanding of softwares and systems, therefore the purest
computer pursuit possible, given all the corporate evil out there. On one front
they're just like ACLUG, on another front they're ultra-idealist Robin Hood-ish
guerrilias.