Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Upgrading to SCSI from IDE

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Upgrading to SCSI from IDE
From: John Phillips <jphillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 07:47:51 -0500 (CDT)

There are at least three ways to accomplish this:
1. Many of the newer motherboards allow you to select the 'sniffer
   boot' sequence (floppy,scsi,c,cdrom usual choices) from bios setup.
2. Setup LILO on the MBR of the first hard drive in the 'sniffer
   boot' sequence to prompt and boot either hard drive.
3. Leave the IDE drive alone and setup the scsi to boot from floppy.

The other drive will mount on the booted system, allowing access to all
drives.