Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] How to dual-boot Windows 95 and Linux RedHat 6.0

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] How to dual-boot Windows 95 and Linux RedHat 6.0
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 19:14:49 -0500

Patrick Klee wrote:

>I'm figuring, if I can't get Internet to run on Linux, I will be upset.

If the modem you have worked under an earlier version of Linux, then it'll
still work, providing it's not broken (zapped by lightening or something).
Will it work from DOS/Win?

>However, how do I find out what COM port my modem is working under in
>DOS, maybe that might help.

From DOS you should be able to find the COM port assignments using the MSD
utiltiy. In Win9x, it's in Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager ->
Modem.

If it's a PNP device, it may not be the same when you boot Linux.

Hope this helps,
Greg