Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] How to dual-boot Windows 95 and Linux RedHat 6.0

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] How to dual-boot Windows 95 and Linux RedHat 6.0
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:41:00 -0700

Greetings,
    I asked a question but didn't get a reply, I probably didn't word it
right so I will try again.  I had RedHat 5.2, and successfully
configured internet.  I have a PPP Dial-Up account with Feist.  Then I
bought RedHat 6.0, and I did the same things with 6.0 as I did with 5.2,
but now, I can't get either 5.2 or 6.0 to work with internet, I used
Usernet and the Control-Panel to successfully configure everything, but
I'm figuring, if I can't get Internet to run on Linux, I will be upset.
However, how do I find out what COM port my modem is working under in
DOS, maybe that might help.  Any help is a appriciated.
Thanks,
Patrick