Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Mounting Drive Partition?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Mounting Drive Partition?
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:17:50 -0500 (CDT)

User Friendly, 1/1/1999

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Greg House wrote:

> From: David Carmichael <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> >(2) Was really looking for some sort of 'TASK SWITCHER' between operating
> >systems.. I know that Linux will restart its Kernel with out the need to
> >'reboot' the hardware... Maybe the HOW TO when I get a chance to read it
> >will tell me more??
>

> If you really want to have both OS's running at the same time, you need a
> product called VMware (or similar, it's the only one of it's kind that I've
> seen).  It runs on a base operating system (like Linux, or WinNT) and lets
> you create "virtual machines", in which you can install a different
> operating system and run it simultaneously.  Pretty cool thing!

technically its not a task switcher but allows you to run other OS's under
linux at the sametime.

System Commander (a proprietary product) might be what your looking for
check it out.

Clint Brubakken
Computer Science Services Group, LLC
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
---
G:  You bought AOL stock?  That's like buying acreage in hell, Cobb.
AJ: Whore.
C:  I needed the money to buy my nephew one of those stupid Furby things!
                                        -- Greg, AJ and Cobb