Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Mounting file system images

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Mounting file system images
From: Bob_Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:00:40 +0000

Bob_Deep wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a file system image file that I want to modify...
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to mount a file system that is an
> image file on disk?
>
> And if so, how is it done?
>
> I'm trying to "adjust" an install procedure to do some custom things,
> and the install loads a small file system wich is stored on the boot
> disk as an image... I was hoping to be able to adjust the install
> scripts slightly if possible, to avoid a lot of tech support calls...

Thanks... Seems I've been able to mount the image...

Uh.. I had another question though...

I'm going to modify the image but I'm not sure I can...

It's an ISO9660 image of a CD, and I want to leave it bootable, but I
want to add some things...  As it stands now there is no free space on
the file system...  Is there a way to grow an image or do I need to
create a whole new image file, copy the contents?  Or what?

Then I'm going to take the image file and burn a CD....  Shesh, this is
complicated... :)

--
      -=  Bob =-
Hey.. This is my mail and I charge for SPAM I receive...