Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] Mounting Drive Partition?

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Mounting Drive Partition?
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:09:46 -0500

I know that there might be a how to out there.. if so please point me the
right direction.. but.. my question(s) of the day is (are)...

(1) Since I am having troubles getting my Linux box {<SAMBA>) to work on my
Win'98 network.. is there any way to mount the Win/Dos partition of this
computer so that Linux can read and write files to this part of the
harddrive?  <Then I can reboot the system and start Win'98 to transfer the
files out to the rest of the network>

(2) Is there a program for a Win'98 machine that will allow (at a click of
an icon) for the Windows machine to shut down {Logoff} and Linux to load
with out going through LILO? <And go back to Win'98 from LINUX??>

--David E Carmichael

(Third side question.. since I currently do not have cable modem.. but
thinking real hard about one... Can a Linux box connect to the WWW through a
network hub to the cable modem that is plugged in to the same hub?)