Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] my.mp3.com Music Newsletter - July 18

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] my.mp3.com Music Newsletter - July 18
From: MusicNews@xxxxxxx
Date: 18 Jul 1999 15:06:07 -0000

Welcome to the first issue of the my.mp3.com Music Newsletter, your official
source for new music picks and the latest happenings.  You're receiving
this newsletter because your email address was submitted to MP3.com.
(To unsubscribe, please see the end of this newsletter for instructions.)

IN THIS ISSUE:
* New music downloads -- custom picks for you
* Boost your MP3 collection for FREE -- '103 Best Song CD' with fresh
  music from electronic, pop, rock, alternative, hip hop and more.**
  Hurry, quantities are limited:
  http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/freecd
* MP3.com Rockin' More Beats Per Minute -- new electronic music CD
* Alanis & Tori to team up with hot new MP3.com artists for summer tour
* The Cult is back and better than ever -- exclusive webcast
* Electrostatic makes history -- uploads the 100,000th song to MP3.com
* Ware Wars -- Creative Labs' Nomad soon to arrive
* Make a statement without spending a lot -- MP3.com T-shirts at 50% off
* No Limit Records and MP3.com deliver more music for the masses!
* Cash in on the MP3 movement -- join the MP3.com Affiliate Program
* Can you believe it!?! Woman compresses husband with MP3 technology

***[ Sponsor ]********************************************
Spend time listening to great MP3 music... not seaching for it.
RealNames by Centraal - direct flights to your favorite web sites.  Typing
"MP3 Ghost in the Machine" or "MP3 Red Delicious" gets you right there.
FREE download!
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www.Centraal.com/mp3.html

//// FREE new music downloads --  custom picks for you

Based on your MP3.com music profile, we think you'll like these tunes:

  Dream Experience
      by DJ Reflex / Trance Attack
      (Progressive/Dream)
      http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn/u_www/artists/11/dj_reflex.html
  Exit To Morning
      by Stan Hall
      (New Age)
      http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn/u_www/artists/22/stan_hall.html
  Isla del Sol
      by Hansen and Paucar
      (World Fusion)

http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn/u_www/artists/8/paucar_and_hansen.html
  I Dream In Ochre Magenta
      by Hand In Mind.
      (Environmental Soundscapes)

http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn/u_www/artists/22/hand_in_mind.html
  Carrier 6
      by Karma-K
      (Tech Step)
      http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn/u_www/artists/24/karmak.html

For more music recommendations based on your listening habits, check out
MyMP3:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_my

//// Boost your MP3 collection for FREE -- 103 of the best songs on one CD

Following on the heels of the popular first edition, the "103 of the Best
Songs You've Never Heard"  Volume 2 CD is now available.  We've packed this
CD with 103 full-length songs from electronic, pop, rock, alternative, hip
hop & more, and included multimedia videos and the latest MP3 software.
Get your FREE copy before they're gone!  Go to:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/freecd
** S&H free to US customers, $4 for international customers

//// MP3.com Rockin' More Beats Per Minute -- new electronic music CD

Enter the global dance community with MP3.com's "b.p.mp3 v1.1" electronic
music CD compilation.  Be the first to experience the newest sounds from
our electronic artists.  The "b.p.mp3 v1.1" enhanced multimedia CD features
full-on trance to ambient and big beat, all for only $5 (plus S&H).  Order
your copy at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/bpmp3

//// Alanis & Tori to team up with hot new MP3.com artists for summer tour

MP3.com and Best Buy are co-sponsoring the upcoming Alanis Morissette and
Tori Amos 5 1/2 Weeks Concert Tour, which kicks off August 18th in Ft.
Lauderdale.  Alanis & Tori will be picking hot new MP3.com bands to open
for each concert.  Check out the official web site for the inside scoop on
concert events, contests, on-line chats, memorabilia auctions & much more
at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_Alanisandtori

//// The Cult is back and better than ever -- exclusive webcast

The Cult, one of rock's greatest alternative bands, blew the roof off
Hollywood's Viper Room last month with a rockin' gig to preview their
summer tour starting July 15.  If you haven't watched the webcast of this
legendary show, go to:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/thecult
and blast some Cult classics like "Wildflower" and "Love Removal Machine."
This amazing show topped MSN's list of webcasts to watch! We've even
included a TicketMaster link to hook you up for a Cult show near you.
Ciao baby!

//// Electrostatic makes history -- uploads the 100,000th song to MP3.com

Electrostatic made MP3.com history on July 1 when their "Reflection
(Tripnobass Remix)" became the 100,000th song uploaded to the site! "It's
so cool--I've been running around work telling everybody about it,"
Electrostatic's Mike Thibeau commented. "And we really like this new remix,
so we feel extra lucky that it's the one being recognized." Hats off to
Electrostatic and all of the other artists who have helped make MP3.com the
place that the world comes to for new music. Check out Electrostatic at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/electrostatic

//// Ware Wars -- Creative Labs' Nomad soon to arrive

As the hardware warriors continue to entrench themselves in the battle over
MP3 systems, Creative Labs is ready to fire the next shot with their Nomad
MP3 player expected to ship to retailers the week of July 19. Available
with either 32MB or 64MB onboard memory, plus removable card compatibility,
and complete with its own PC docking station, you won't want your Nomad to
wander too far.  For more info, visit:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/hardware/portables/nomad64mb.html

//// No Limit Records and MP3.com deliver more music for the masses!

In an ongoing effort to deliver the hottest new music, MP3.com will be
offering more free songs to download and unique CD products from No
Limit Records, including recent releases from Mercedes, Fiend, Tru and more.
Keep an eye out for these new tracks!
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/nolimit

//// Make a statement without spending a lot -- MP3.com T-shirts 50% off

These black T-shirts have the original industry-crashers' motto on the
back: "Who invited these guys?" For a limited time at $5.49, you can own a
piece of music history.  Join the revolution at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/order/shirts.html

//// Cash in on the MP3 movement -- join the MP3.com Affiliate program

You know MP3 is the new big thing since it dropped sex to #2 on the Internet.
"MP3" is now the most searched word on the net,* and the MP3.com
Affiliate Program is your backstage pass to the big show.  Make more money
and enrich your web site with daily updated content from MP3.com.  Sign up
today at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/affiliate
*source: "Among search words on the net, MP3 now tops 'sex'," BusinessWeek,
June 28, 1999.

///// Can you believe it!?! Woman compresses husband using MP3 technology

An Arkansas woman named Maybel Lynn Horner recently reported that she
discovered a way to compress her husband using MP3 technology. "I just keep
Edgar in my Rio now, and that way I only have to listen to him when I want
to," Horner told MP3.com.  Apparently, Edgar walked in on his wife while
she was transferring her MP3 files via infrared link. He stepped into the
beam and has been trapped inside her player ever since. "He always said he
wanted to go to Rio," Maybel was quoted as saying. "Now he can stay there!"
 For more MP3 news, visit:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn1/u_www/news

//// Help us improve the Music Newsletter

We hope you enjoyed the my.mp3.com Music Newsletter.  To help us deliver you
the information you want, please reply to this email with comments, ideas and
suggestions.

If you enjoyed this newsletter, forward it to a friend!