Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] I740 based AGP card

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] I740 based AGP card
From: Isaias Izquierdo <ixisaias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 23:35:36 -0500

I have that card and I am doing fine with RH 5.2. I had some problem but I solve
them. Make sure that you have the lastest version of: Xfree. You may also need
download the XBF-i740 driver from Precision Insight or in Redhat.
http://www.precisioninsight.com/
You need two files one the driver and another the addition to xfree so that you
can see and select that driver.
i believe those driver are called:
XBF-i740-glibc-1_0_0-1_i386.rpm
and
xf86config-glibc-1_0_0_i386.tgz

There may be a newer version, I don't know. Mine work good with these.

P.D: It was a good learning experience doing by myself. It may be quite
frustrating but at the end it will have more satisfaction.

If your problem is configuring the resolution use xconf.

Isaias