Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] one more question about samba.

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] one more question about samba.
From: Kong Wo <tkwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 08:38:57 -0500

Hi everyone,
   Now, I can bypass the first unsuccessfully logon to Linux samba server from
my Win95 machine. Another weird problem I had right now is when I click on the
Linux samba server on Network Neighborhood, the samba server asks me to key in
password. It tell me the password is not correct after I key in. On that
password message, what I saw samba server is trying to share is
"\\Linux-samba-server\IPC$". I believe that share is not quite right.
   On Linux samba server side, I had a user logon name and password configured.
I use the following command to create the samba password.
   "#cat /etc/passwd | /usr/sbin/mksmbpasswd > /etc/smbpasswd" and the run
smbpasswd to add password for my logon.
   Could anyone give me a direction? Thank for your help my first question.

With best regards,

Kong Wo